Tuesday, January 11, 2011

(2) Recommendation letter

Dear Sirs,

I have been asked by a former English ------- student of mine to give a recommendation to you as an individual and student.

I am an English teacher at the British Council, Lisbon where I have taught for 20 years both in Portugal and other countries.

I taught English to ------- in the academic year 2009/10 at the British Council, Lisbon as an Upper Intermediate (B2) student. During this time she told me about her intention to study Art in the UK and her determination to improve her English to achieve her ambition.

I was very impressed by her commitment and hard work during the course. She really built on her English skills and improved her English all round.

Also during this time she spent time in the UK which I know she not only found useful but had an impact on her English.

At the end of the year she was promoted to the next level – the first year of Advanced (C1).

She is an organized and motivated student and I am confident that she would approach her studies in the UK in the same manner.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at nigel.haines@pt.britishcouncil.org

Yours faithfully,
 Nigel Haines 




------ (name)